Twitter Tips

Guest journeyoflife7

Guest journeyoflife7

13 Tips To Increase Traffic With Twitter

Twitter is one of the greatest social media sites on the web. There are thousands upon thousands of twitter users, and you can generate a big share of this traffic if you know how.

Twitter allows you to post any link from the web along side with a description for a total of a 140 character limit. When posting on twitter, you can gain “followers.” Followers are people who keep up with your posts. These people don’t necessarily keep up with everything you post, but they are informed of your latest updates.

The following are 13 tips to increase your twitter traffic.

Twitter Tips #1 Add A Picture

Add a profile picture. A picture is a great way to tell people that you are dedicated. It builds recognition, curiosity, and is a great way to earn people’s trust. Every time people see your face or icon, they will see something they recognize; something they can trust. The sole reason of recognition may entice them to click on your posts. Especially if they know you put out great content. Chances are, you will gain more followers for uploading a picture.

A picture always sticks out!

Twitter Tips #2 Article Titles For Tweets

Make the topic or description of your tweets the same as you would for an article title. This will generate interest and more views.

Twitter Tips # 3 Be An Expert

Know your field. Learn the faq on the categories of your niche. Try to be perceived as an expert in your field of knowledge. The more knowledgeable you become, the better the advice you can share, and the more people will look at you as an expert.

Twitter Tips #4 Hot Topics

Write about topics that will be interesting to your specific community. Attention grabbing posts are the way to go. Look out for the latest news in your niche and use these hot topics as posts!

Twitter Tips # 5 Add Value

Generally speaking, make sure you post some valuable stuff! The more worthy your tweets, the more people will want to see what you have to put forth.

Twitter Tips #6 Common Interest

Best idea is to follow people of whom you share a common interest. I like internet marketing so I would follow people who also like internet marketing. This will better your exposure on twitter. People you find interesting will most likely find you interesting.

Twitter Tips #7 Be A Higher Figure

This is more of a general tip, but be professional. Be friendly and respectful, and never show anger. Be mature and act as an authority figure.

Twitter Tips #8 Don’t Be Selfish

Benefit the people. Do not post for the sole sake of selling products. Provide some value to your viewers if you want people to continually follow you. Remember, people can “unfollow” you anytime they want.

Twitter Tips #9 Self Control

Do not “overtweet.” Posting too many links may cause your followers to “unfollow” you. You can use your twitter stats to see if someone has stopped following you. This will give you a good idea if you are keeping your tweets at a good level. About 3-4 tweets a day should be a reasonable amount.

Twitter Tips #10 Use Tweetburner Perhaps

Tweetburner enables you to shorten your tweet urls. This will give you more space for a description. You can track click stats with tweetburner, helping you find out which tweets are more effective; or rather, which tweet strategies are working best. With this knowledge, you can tweak your “tweets” for the more traffic generating potential. It also will give you the timings of day which you tweets are clicked, which also may be helpful.

Twitter Tips #11 Duplicate Posts

Some people who use twitter notice that posting the same “tweet” within time frames during the day helps exposure. Posting the same tweet up to four times a day may help increase views, especially if your followers have tons of other followers not to mention tons of other updates.

Twitter Tips #12 Increase Followers

Increase your followers by adding followers of your own. It is most probable that those you add to follow will add you back.

Twitter Tips #13 Beyond Twitter

Generate more “tweets” by adding an RSS feed to your web pages; another good way to increase your followers and promote your content.

These are my twitter tips for you. I hope you enjoyed.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the advantages if I had many followers in twitter? If I am actor or actress maybe it will be easy to upload the newest informations about me, but for common people, what is the benefit?

What is the advantages if I had many followers in twitter? If I am actor or actress maybe it will be easy to upload the newest informations about me, but for common people, what is the benefit?

I also do not see the benefit or what good could it bring to us for ordinary people to use twitter. I have less than 100 followers and following less than 100 also on my twitter account. I even installed a twiiter extension on my google chrome. It give me the recent tweets of the people I am following, and it gives me ease to post new tweets. But i do not see its benefit for us especially for me. Maybe later I could see how good it is then maybe i will consider it. Thanks for the tips anyway.

@pjbabia

For personally, I prefer to use facebook because we can share many things there not like twitter which has limitation of 150 words in our status. I ever heard that twitter is mostly used by celebrities than common people as their social networking sites. Twitter like tools to connect celebrity with his/her fans.

somehow you made a point here, if you are a celebrity definitely

you will be able to get a lot of tweets in a day compared to an ordinary

person, one thing more, I simply could not understand the benefits

that we will be getting from twitter, that is why i do not use

my twitter although i have an account with them

@neng

Yes, surely it will be easier for celebrity to make people tweet them or follow them. I have an account of twitter but I don't have time to manage it. I have facebook and twitter accounts only as social networkng site but I used only facebook now.

Guest phoenix88

somehow you made a point here, if you are a celebrity definitely

you will be able to get a lot of tweets in a day compared to an ordinary

person, one thing more, I simply could not understand the benefits

that we will be getting from twitter, that is why i do not use

my twitter although i have an account with them

For celebrities, they are just keeping or maintaining their popularity through in the Twitter account. For us, we must be active whenever have some affiliate programs to promote. Perhaps, you have no items to promote right there so you can know what is the benefits being active in Twitter.

@phoenix

Yes, it's easy for celebrities to active in twitter because what they did only write what happened to their life today. If we didn't have any items to promote, we can use affiliate program. We didn't do anything but only promote other goods. But we must know what kind of goods that will be searched to people around us.

For celebrities, they are just keeping or maintaining their popularity through in the Twitter account. For us, we must be active whenever have some affiliate programs to promote. Perhaps, you have no items to promote right there so you can know what is the benefits being active in Twitter.

yes, for celebrities, twitter is useful for them, but for us who are only normal people, the best for us is the facebook. Well celebrities do have facebook accounts too but the problem is many people would want to add them as friends and that would flood the number of friends. It is less likely advised for celebrities to have. Fan page is OK.

• 1 month later...
Guest binary options trading

yes, for celebrities, twitter is useful for them, but for us who are only normal people, the best for us is the facebook. Well celebrities do have facebook accounts too but the problem is many people would want to add them as friends and that would flood the number of friends. It is less likely advised for celebrities to have. Fan page is OK.

I think the users in this thread are potentially underestimating the power of using twitter to reach people with common interests. I'm still learning about using it but I don't think everyone should write it off so soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

These are very good tips to be implemented, i am trying to gain some followers on twitter. I hope i will get new followers from twitter. I never work on twitter before but after readying your post now i am thinking to work on twitter. As it can give lot of traffic to my picture website.

Archived