What Is The Google Dance?

Guest Meldrum

Guest Meldrum

Whenever I am at trade shows, run seminars, or speak at symposiums I get asked the question "what is the Google dance?" I've heard a few different things referred to as "the Google Dance", but only one is really correct. It's the period when Google is rebuilding its rankings, and results fluctuate widely for a 3 to 5 day period.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest topranker

Google Dance is the period when google is rebuilding its rankings, and results fluctuate widely for a 3 to 5 day period.

The name "Google Dance" was in the past used to describe the period that a major index update of the Google search engine are being implemented.

These major Google index update occured on average every 36 days or 10 times per year. It was easiest be identified by significant changes in search results, and by an updating of Google's cache of all indexed pages.

These changes would be evident from one minute to the next. But the update did not proceed as a switch from one index to another like the flip of a switch. In fact, it took several days to finish the complete update of the index

I found this Information during my Research,Hope you all like it.

Guest Mallory

Google Dance is an out-dated slang term used to describe the period of time in which Google used to rebuild its rankings, and as a result of this rebuilding, rankings of Web sites on Google's SERP may fluctuate in order during a several day period.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adamparker

The google dance is an out-dated terminology phrase used to explain the time-frame in which The google used to improve its ratings, and as a result of this fixing, ratings of Web sites on Google SERP may go up and down in order during a several day interval.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Crosby

It is the changes of your ranking in search engine, Google Dance sometimes frustrating .

I had experianced it my self while I tried to know my ranking,

sometimes I'm on Page 4 and then after a day it jump to 9 and after sometime it come back to its real.

I think it is a bug in google.

• 2 weeks later...

Google dance is a term mainly use by SEO expert explaining the frequent position change of keywords on search engine listing. In this mainly keywords position change with every second and some times google put the keywords to front pages and some time put the keywords on last pages.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived